You, becoming an unskilled teacher, has to start with simple technology, progressively. You need to adopt the ‘KISS’ principle, i.e. ‘Keep it simpler, stupid.’ Steer clear of the ‘complicated teaching aids’ the greater complex technology represents.
That mentioned, you’ll know that no kind of technology is the ‘be all and finished all’ for just about any teacher. A teacher should be flexible and gain experience regardless of the sort of technology to incorporate interest and real existence data additionally to efficiency for his or her teaching.
Some teachers increase the risk for mistake of believing that technology replaces the conventional chalk/white-colored-colored board. No technology can replace them totally since they are easy and quick to utilize and is very effective within reach of an experienced teacher.
When you start your job, just use one sort of technology at any time, additionally towards the chalk or white-colored-colored boards. Plan carefully what you should do. Practice ahead of time. Ensure you’ve all the parts you need to increase the risk for technology work, e.g. a handheld handheld remote control. Make certain that it truely does work as well as the batteries are fresh.
Here are several guidelines to know prior to starting to utilize any type of technology within your classroom.
1. Always try out your equipment/technology first to make certain that it truely does work.
2. Practice its use before the lesson.
3. Remember: You need to still carry out the teaching. Technology does not educate. It truly assists the whole process of teaching/learning.
4. Ensure lots of students gain equal utilization of whatever technology you employ.
5. Make certain that many students who wish to use we have got we’ve got the technology could use it effectively so when efficiently as you can.
6. If you work with technology just like a medium within your assessment, ensure the success inside the task is not based on the students’ understanding of while using the technology.
7. Just before using any technology inside your assessment task, ensure lots of students have practiced and perfected the technological skills they need to achieve the task, since they be familiar with appropriate learning work.
8. Develop an understanding of utilizing all available technology within your classroom. This provides you options to make use of more teaching strategies/pedagogues.
9. Always plan a back-up strategy once the technology fails, i.e. Have spare devices or possibly an alternate teaching strategy.
10. That you have competent students with technology skills, depend in it that will help you as demonstrators or as mentors for fellow students.
11. When attempting to get new technology, make certain to research real cost like the ‘behind the scenes’ costs for instance servicing, combined with the benefits of your students. Consider this: “Does it give a better teaching result when compared with other already available strategies and old technology?” prior to deciding to spend the money.