Edibles cannabis products are the products that contain weed or marijuana type of cannabis. They can be consumed in the form of liquid or solids. Cannabis edibles can affect your mind and body when consumed in large amount. There are wide varieties or edible products available at the cannabis dispensaries. They are a type of food which contains nutritional values, these edibles are consumed or medical or recreational purposes.
6 edible weeds that everyone should harvest and eat
These common edibles weeds are so delicious and nutritious, they put spinach to shame.
- Purslane- A succulent-like annual groundcover. Very high in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as copper, iron and magnesium. Delicious raw or cooked.
- Lambs quarter- A common leafy annual related to quinoa. Very high in vitamin A, B and C. Eat the leaves just like spinach. Has a mild kale- like flavor and does not get bitter?
- Wild amaranth- Also called “pigweed” Has edible seeds and leaves, leaves are high in fiber, B vitamins and calcium, while the seeds are high in omega fatty acids.
- Dock- A larger leafy weed. Both the stems and leaves are edibles and nutritious. Very good source of fiber, vitamin A and trace minerals.
- Plantain- A small common garden weed with nutritious and medicinal properties. Very high in calcium and vitamin K. Eat the young leaves cooked for best flavors.
- Dandelion- The quintessential lawn weed! High in calcium and iron. All parts are edibles, roots are used for its medicinal properties while the flowers and leaves can be eaten raw or cooked.
Let’s talk about the medicinal properties of dandelion roots
Dandelion roots are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K and Vitamin B2 complex. It is extremely healthy works as diuretic Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of roots nourishes liver and counteract liver toxicity. Lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar, appetite stimulant lowers cholesterol and destroys acid in blood because it is alkaline in nature. blood builder and blood purifier used for the treatment anemia. Flush poisons and toxic waste from your body. Stimulate bile juice production, stimulate liver and promotes cleansing of the live, reduce symptoms of bloating, acidity and gas, resist growth of harmful bacteria, beneficial for digestion and heartburns, flush foreign particles from gallbladder.
•Dandelion herbal root tea recipe
1 tbsp. Grounded or roasted dandelion roots, 1/2 tbsp crushed fresh ginger, 1 cardamom seed, 12oz water, honey
Boil water add all the ingredients in the boiling water, boil it for 5 to 10 minutes on the medium flames until you smell an aroma of the tea strain the tea with a cheesecloth or strainer to avoid the roots and ginger add honey and stay lit!
•Dandelion lime tea
1 quart dandelion flowers, 3 quarts’ cold water, 1cup hot water, juice of 3-4 likes, 2-3 tbsp. Sweetener (your choice)
Rinse flowers with cold water, mix sweeteners and warm water, add lime juice, add cool water, stir well and add dandelion flowers, mix well refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours strain out the flowers.
Always remember that some edibles, and ingredients with which it is made have expiry dates so always check before consuming, otherwise it may lead some allergic reactions in your body and mind. The benefits of taking edibles are they are not an original form of weed so it causes less high and less effect on the body. That is why consuming edible cannabis is a best option.